It is easy when you know how… Marketing 101 is:
- The Right Message
- To the Right Market
- At the Right Time
- In the Media the Majority of Prospects Use
Starting in 1976, I built and sold 3 service businesses in Newport Beach, CA against a horde of 1500 other competitors in Orange County. I was stunned when the Branding advertising strategies I learned in my college advertising and marketing classes did not work for local businesses.
Advertising Response and Profits are Directly Tied to
the Strength of Your Marketing Message
What I learned in the real business world was that the strength your marketing message will make or break all your advertising Return On Investment. I excelled in the premiere Media at that time, Yellow Page advertising, to the point where I was getting most all the calls under my category, because I had the most compelling marketing message.
The same is true today with the marketing message a prospect sees at a dental practices website, Google My Business and Yelp pages. The information available about your business has to be the most compelling that your prospect sees to win their business, especially now with 85% of local prospects going to the internet.
When I improved my marketing message in my first business, my advertising Return On Investment shot up 721%! That more than tripled my profit margin. I knew I had a secret formula very few business owners knew. That ad was so successful Bill Blazer asked me if he could share it in his book, “Outrageous Advertising that’s Outrageously Successful”. It appears on page 26 of his book.
High Level Consultation
The top marketing consultant to my industry Joe Polish, who has the top selling marketing course at Nightengale-Connant, told me, “Larry you know more about marketing messages than anyone I’ve met. You should write a book!”
I thought about it, and he was right. So I went about assembling and researching every possible “response trigger” that could be added to a marketing message to make it so powerfully compelling that few prospects could resist its’ attraction. I assembled a list of 12 Response Triggers that pique the interest level of any prospect.
The Prospects’ Ladder of Interest
1) Between 1 – 3 Response Triggers = interest level barely raised
2) Between 4 – 6 Response Triggers = interest level increased
3) Between 7-9 Response Triggers = interest level increased significantly
4) Between 10-12 Response Triggers = interest level peaked and immediate response activated
Marketing Secret Discovered
The marketing secret I discovered was that by increasing the Response Triggers in the marketing message, I could increase my advertising response and profits by up to 721%, because it dramatically raises the prospects level of interest in what is being sold, so that they act immediately, which virtually eliminates the competition.
Hundreds of Dental practices I have worked with in 47 states have found that their powerfully compelling marketing message has created the dominant practice in their area. Doing tens of millions of dollars of “testing” of marketing messages for dentists all over the United States has shown me exactly which headlines, response triggers, and new patient offers outperform all the other options in attracting patients that pay, stay and refer their family and friends.
Having all your advertising outperform your competition gives you a competitive advantage because you are able to attract new patients at half or a third of the cost your competitors must spend. Now you can go “herd-to-head” and win against your toughest competition in the most competitive Media. This allows you to grow your practice and profits more consistently and predictably than all your competitors.
Several Doctors have commented that the marketing messages I crafted for their practices have paid for their vacation homes!
What Questions Need to be Answered for a
Prospect to Make a Buying Decision?
There are 10 questions that have to be answered in the prospects mind before they make a buying decision.
The 10 Questions Your Prospect Has to Have Answered to Make a Buying Decision:
1) What’s in it for me?
2) What’s the risk to me?
3) Who can I speak to if I’m unhappy with my purchase?
4) Why should I do business with you above any and all choices?
The first 33% of prospects make a purchase here
5) Who else has done business with them?
6) How easily accessible are they?
7) How do I contact them and what do I do next?
8) Why should I buy or make an appointment right now?
The second 33% of prospects make a purchase here.
9) How can I find out more about this?
10) What if I want to speak to a real person to ask a question before I make a buying decision?
The third 33% of prospects make a purchase only after seeing overwhelming evidence that your business is their best choice of local provider.
Here are the 12 Advertising Response Triggers that are proven to work in ANY Media, online or offline
These 12 response triggers answer all 10 questions prospects have in their mind when making a buying decision.
1) Unique Selling Proposition – this details what makes you different and better
2) Targeted, Benefit Filled Headline – should stop your ideal target prospect in their tracks
3) Emotional, Pertinent Photo or Graphic with Caption
4) Guarantee, Personal Promise – shows you stand behind your work
5) Powerful Testimonials – adds credibility to your marketing message
6) Bullets – summarizes the benefits of doing business with your business
7) Secondary Means of Response
8) Offer For New Ideal Clients –their main judgment on the value you provide will be determined in their first purchase
9) Call to Action
10) Where to position key content, in your website
11) Reader Gravity, Continuity and Layout – continuous eye flow
12) Phone Number(s), Soft Offer
Avoid Wasting Your Marketing Dollars on Advertising that Will NEVER Work!
Many local practices wrongly believe that their advertising dollars should be spent on “building the Brand”. What they fail to realize is they are attempting to Build a Brand against Nike, Coca-Cola, Target and other conglomerates that spend $500 million to establish their brand, and maybe $100 million a year to maintain that Brand Identity”.
Advertising dollars for local practices need to be accountable and make the phone ring with new patients as a first priority, with Branding being secondary to building the practice.
So see how many of these 12 money-making response triggers are in your practices marketing message, especially in your website. Add as many response triggers as you can to increase your response.
Marketing Message Help is Available
If you want help upgrading your marketing message, I can assure you it is much cheaper to upgrade your marketing message to a powerfully compelling one than to keep losing patients you should be getting by using your weak old marketing message. Call me today for FREE, Friendly Phone Advice at (702)940-9750.